Indonesia Banking Industry Monthly MarketSight Report
|Step 1||STATSIT developed a set of metrics for the analysis of banking industry brands in social media conversations|
|Step 2||STATSIT Collected N=200 general banking industry postings and N=200 brand specific postings for three leading Indonesian banking brands each|
|Step 3||STATSIT analysed firstly the data with relevant text mining techniques|
|Step 4||STATSIT manually coded a sample of N=800 conversations using its SocialWorks method|
|Step 5||STATSIT analysed the data and derived insights and recommendations out of that|
|Step 6||The results were visualized in this report|
2. Purpose of The Report
- This report is intended to provide banking industry brands an overview of what the consumers discuss about banks and finances in the social media
- This information is intended to enable the brands to recognize opportunities and threats on the marketplace as well as help plan their communication strategies
- The brands are compared against each other to enable benchmarking
- The focal points of this report are Category, Brand and Audience
3. Summary and Highlights
- The conversational activity around banking in Indonesia was predominantly driven by the client’s daily experiences. This led to a rather volatile overall image of the brands and allowed a high impact of circumstantial effects.
- Everyday issues, like problems with the functionality of ATM’s, had a disproportionally large effect in the overall sentiment in the conversations.
- BCA had the highest share of Fans with 8.5% of the postings indicating some level of personal commitment to the brand.
- The image of BNI was temporarily stricken by issues regarding i.e. a local promotion. However, the community around BNI still had a stronger acquisition dynamic than the competition due to a higher concentration in purchase driving issues and a high share of postings indicating loyalty of the authors to stay with the brand.
Only specific customers can view the report, please login with Google Account to verfiy!
STATSIT MARKET FAVOURABILITY RANKING: BCA DID BEST IN A CHALLENGING ENVIRONMENT
- Indonesian consumers were most likely to talk about banks, when they wanted to complain.
- BCA was the only bank in this environment to achieve even a balanced net rating.
Sentiment = The share of positive posts minus the share of negative ones
SOURCES OF INFLUENCE AND INFORMATION: SOCIAL COMMUNITIES DID INFLUENCE THEIR MEMBERS
Source of Influence
Source of Information
- Online social communities were roughly as important sources of influence on the conversation participiants as customer service hotlines or their personal friends.
- Ads were referred to as sources of information, but other online resources, like company websites, played a bigger role as influencers.
Ecosystem: BCA had the most fans, BNI had good potential
- Most of the people discussing the three banks were reactives, who mainly commented or shared material about current issues or events
- BCA had the highest share of authors, who expressed personal commitment to the bank
- BNI had a high share of both ranters as well as deal and quiz hunters, who might be of little immediate use, but can be converted into loyal positive contributors
NET PROMOTER positioning: High share of fans bca’s strength
- The high share of fans and the positive sentiment helped BCA to the best net promoter positioning among the three brands observed
- BNI suffered from a high share of ranters and negative ratings due to the jazz ticket problem, which is likely not to last for a long time
It may take few seconds to render the overview charts, please wait!
4. The Full Report
The full report consists of three main chapters: